Is anyone NOT on live streaming platforms these days? If you’re a content creator or a viewer of content, the answer is probably no—unless the reason you’re here is that you’re ready to start one. After all, the live streaming platforms industry has grown an impressive 99% over the past year. Safe to say, live streaming platforms are certainly having a moment. Here are more interesting facts about live streaming platforms:
- Seven out of 10 people tune into live streaming platforms daily.
- 63% of people ages 18-34 are watching live streaming content regularly.
- It’s anticipated that 82% of the internet will be used for live streaming by 2022.
- By 2022, almost 25% of U.S. households will cancel their cable subscription.
- Brands are forecasted to invest more than $100 billion in video content by 2023.
- 67% of live streaming viewers are more likely to buy a ticket to a concert or event after watching a live video of that event.
- 45% of live streaming video audiences would pay for live video from their favorite sports team, speaker, or performer.
- Approximately 79% of U.S. households access paid or ad-funded live streaming site services as of June 2020.
- Nearly 25% of viewers post comments on the live streaming events they are tuned into.